Step by step tutorial for Dashbird integration
This is a step-by-step tutorial for setting up Dashbird for your AWS account.
Register your account
If you haven’t already, start by filling out the registration form. In case you’ve already done that plese sign in here and continue to the next step.
Deploy Dashbird’s client-side code to your AWS account
Dashbird works by collecting logs, metrics and listing resources under your AWS account. To do that, we need limited access to your account. After completing the registration form a custom CloudFormation template is generated for you. For details of what this template contains, check out this open-source code repository.
- Make sure you are logged into your AWS account
create a new CloudFormation stack on the onboarding screen
- AWS console opens with a pre-filled S3 template URL (currently must be created to
- Click Next on the Select template page
- Insert stack name (e.g.
- Click Next on the Specify details page
- Mark as checked: I Acknowledge that AWS CloudFormation might create IAM resources box
- Click Create
It can take a few minutes until the stack creation completes.
Reference Role back to Dashbird
- Once it’s finished, open the stack from the list and scroll down to the Outputs section.
It can take up to 3-4 minutes for data to start appearing.
Learn more about account configuration by checking out the next section, or take a look at the account overview for a complete guide.